6478966456 / 6478966456


  • Login

Our Clients

While not all CPAs specialize in small business taxes, almost all CPAs are more familiar with tax laws than accountants. Knowledge of the tax code is a big part of a CPA's licensing exam and many CPAs take tax courses every year to keep up to date on the Tax Code. An accountant also may be able to prepare and sign tax returns, but the designation of "accountant" does not provide assurance of certification, nor does it give the accountant the ability to represent you before the CRA, even if this person has signed your tax return. Accountants are classified by the CRA as "unenrolled preparers."
The CRA requires all tax preparers to have a preparer tax identification number. and the CRA distinguishes between preparers who are enrolled agents, CPAs, attorneys, and other unenrolled preparers. Accountants fall into this last category. An unenrolled preparer's ability to represent a client in a tax matter before the CRA is very limited.
Find a CPA firm that includes a bookkeeper and accountant. Then you can separate the more routine financial jobs from the tax and financial analysis done by the CPA. Or hire a bookkeeper for those monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, then periodically consult with your CPA and have your CPA do your business taxes. You can also ask that the CPA review and sign off on your tax return that may have been prepared by an accountant working under the CPAs direction.